Public pay charge point user guide – How to start and stop your charging session
- When the top light shows steady green, the charge point is ready to use.
- Plug your charging cable into the charge point – your standard cable!
- Contactless – wait for the middle light to turn amber – tap your credit/debit card to authorise and start; Plugsurfing – select the charge point on-screen and select to start
- The lower charge status light will flash amber during charging. When the light turns green your vehicle is fully charged.
- To obtain a payment receipt, text EV [space] followed by the charge point ID number to 87007.
Charge points that accept contactless payment have a black contactless swipe reader on the front panel, see the picture on the left, the minimum charge is £1.00 (including VAT).
* Unplug your car to end the session: detach the car end of the cable first *
The Plugsurfing app may be required to use some public charge points.
Download the Plugsurfing app, set up an account, add your payment method, then use the map to locate the charge point and start charging – set the slider fully left (3kw)
** All CityEV public charge points are 3.6Kw (16A) **
London Borough of Barnet – this scehme is being installed now (June 2019) and will be live this summer for public use with CityEV EVopencard™ contactless and Plugsurfing smartphone access***
CityEV EVopencard™ contactless units accept most Visa and Mastercards – with no PIN – in the event a particular card is declined – wait for the unit to reset to the start condition (green top LED on steady) and use the Plugsurfing app to locate and start a charge session