CityEV Street Units – How to start and stop your charging session
- When the top light (system check) is steady green, the charge point is ready to use; flashing green indicates no service.
- Plug your charging cable into the charge point, you can use any standard electric vehicle charging cable, the bottom light will turn amber to indicate a connection to your vehicle.
- On contactless units you may use contactless payment, wait for the middle light to turn amber then swipe slowly your credit/debit card to authorise and start, wait for authorisation, green, can take 30 seconds or so.
- CityEV & partner EVOpencard units have a QR and NFC label to operate, or load the app if you do not have it on your device.
- The charge status light (bottom) will pulse amber during charging.
- When the charge status (bottom) light turns green your vehicle is fully charged.
- Unplug your car to end the session: detach the car end of the cable first.
- To get a payment receipt, text EV [space] followed by the charge point ID number to 87007.
- All lamp column CityEV public charge points are 3.6Kw (16A) AC
Those charge points that accept contactless payment and have a black contactless swipe reader on the front panel. The minimum contactless charge is £1 (including VAT), roughly equates to 3kw of power. If a card is declined, wait for the unit to reset (top light is steady green) and use an app to pay for your session instead. Contactless card minimum payment £1.00, please take care to ensure you stay sufficient time to take up this charge.
*** Note that in order to assist banks with credit and debit card fraud detection contactless charge points may pre-authorise £15, …. THIS IS NOT A CHARGE, it is a test for card validity only and will not be debited, ….. depending on the bank/card this may be seen of your statement but is a card test only ***